There are certain standards for packaging of wood and these standards necessitate that the pallets of wood being packaged or shipped from one place to the other be treated with heat. Heat treatment is essential so that there is no damage, and these are made mandatory in compliance with the sanitary standards too that are set in place for the packaged wood.
|Heat Treated Pallets|
Process of Heat Treatment of the Wooden Pallets
- ISPM 15 addresses the need for the wood to be treated with heat and makes it mandatory before any transportation can take place. The main purpose of this act is to spread sanitary measures and to make sure that there is no transmission of any disease or epidemic from one place to another. These pertain to the plants and the basic eco systems that could be hampered if these are not checked in time. The wooden material needs to be treated or fumigated with heat first
- The fumigation occurs with the ire of methyl bromide
- After the above processes are carried forward, the wooden packages are marked with a stamp or seals shooing adherence to the international rules and policies of the packaged items. This is the mark of compliance that needs to be shown to the relevant authorities before shipment can happen from one country to the.
- This mark of compliance is known as the “wheat Stamp”
- Some alternative materials are exempt from the above process and these are paper, plastic, wood panel products such as hardboard or plywood.
The Importance of Choosing Quality Heat Treated Pallets Suppliers
- When it comes to choosing heat treated pallet suppliers there are certain important factors you need to keep in mind. With the increased number of suppliers in the market, there are also lots of people who want to take advantage of you. So it is preferable to check the reputation of these pallet suppliers to ensure that standards are complied with and you are getting good materials, and the last consideration that these materials and wooden pallet will make it to their destination safe and in hygienic conditions.
- If you deal with exports and imports you will come to know that any product which leaves the country has to bear a seal of that particular work for which it is intended say a seal showing these are marked goods for export or the goods are intended for imports only. If your goods don’t exhibit the right stamp, then there are chances that the transportation may be stopped.
- The right kind of wood has to be ensured and procured for the right type of job. Quality heat treated wood pallet suppliers will be able to help you with your concerns. Not every wood suits specific work. These are the experts who will guide you with respect to the quality of the wood that you need.
- Heated wood pallets are preserved for a longer period of time than their regular counterparts. The standard techniques when followed ensure that the wood doesn’t rot away. Substandard techniques and wood pallet suppliers sometimes try to cut corners and save money. Hence it pays to be wary of the suppliers and check their background thoroughly before placing orders from them.
- Most of the suppliers don’t realize that heated wood is different from lumber products and as such it should be treated separately and distinctively, so that these can last longer.
When you keep the above considerations in mind, the heat treated pallets you get for your organization will be durable, strong and last for many years.