The kitchen cabinet is considered to be one of the most vital parts of a kitchen as lots of things can be systematically stored here, which are used for regular cooking and serving at home. Moreover, the presence of the kitchen cabinets helps in keeping the kitchen lot cleaner and thus, the clutter can be avoided in this room.
|Kitchen Cabinets Design|
When any homeowner wants to plan the kitchen cabinets design for his/her new kitchen or tries to upgrade the kitchen cabinets while renovating the existing kitchen, it is essential for him/her to know a few basic guidelines for the installation of the best kitchen cabinets, so that the kitchen looks smart and fashionable and is highly functional at the same time.
Important Aspects That Affect The Creation Of Useful Kitchen Cabinets
Every interior designer takes care to integrate the choices of the house owner, while creating the kitchen cabinets design to feature the specific style of that family or the personalities of those family members.
- Placement style of the cabinets – The kitchen cabinets are mostly placed in the peripheral areas of the kitchen and used as the stylish divider between the dining space and the kitchen, mainly in case of open floor plans in this area. But in case of the availability of larger space in the kitchen the cabinets can also be built in the middle or the kitchen island area for providing more storage space.
- Material used for building the cabinets – Usually, wood is widely used for building the kitchen cabinets. But different kinds of wood can be used for this purpose, lending various types of overall appearances to the kitchen. The dark cherry wood or oak wood can give beautiful classic looks; whereas hickory and pine wood are used for bringing a simple or natural look in the kitchen cabinets. In some contemporary kitchens, the cabinets are also made of stainless steel or glass, mounted on aluminum frames, for more gorgeous appearance.
- Type of door to be used in the cabinets – The doors of the kitchen cabinets can be of traditional raised panels or flat panels, sometimes with special curvatures or designs that may match the woodwork done in the rest of the house. In some transitional styles, flat slabs of wood without any panel or a centrally raised panel are used for creating the doors of kitchen cabinets. The streamlined designs are preferred in creating contemporary styled doors for kitchen cabinets. Now, the thick glass panels are also used as the latest style of the kitchen cabinet doors.
- Perfect finish used on the cabinets – The kitchen cabinets can be further beautified by applying glossy paints or glaze over the wood, the color of which needs to match or contrast the color scheme used in the kitchen. The use of lamination over the wood is also a good choice, for giving sophisticated look to these kitchen cabinets.
- Plan the cabinet interior to be organized – The interior space of the kitchen cabinets should be created accordingly to hold various types of kitchen articles so that every inch of the cabinet space can be properly utilized for storage purpose. The smaller drawers, with definite spaces can hold the cutlery pieces; while the larger drawers are quite useful to contain the steel utensils or the crockery items. These drawers are mostly built as pullout shelves, to ease the process of searching necessary things in the drawers. The taller cabinets of the corners are built for keeping the cutting boards, hand blenders or the large sized pans. Some cabinets are added with some wooden or steel racks, for keeping different kinds of necessary kitchen items.