As the holiday season hits, the pet care services are in great demand. Apart from the money, the pet owners are concerned about the care that is extended towards their pets. During vacation, you may need to hire some dog minding services for your pets, and in this regards, you need to consider several factors such as insurance of the dog minding, medical facility, experience trainer, food quality, emergency services and their skills to handle the pets with care.
Things to remember before hiring dog minding services
- Is it insured? When it comes to pets, the entire space will be vulnerable to damages and accidents. Even though the professionals are best in handling them, it is best to be insured to cover the mishaps. The insurance will protect your pet as well as the handler from any form of disaster. Hence, it is best to check if the pet care service is insured or has bonds to deal with the damages incurred by the accidents. In addition, you need to check the validation of their insurance papers from the authority.
- Are the pet handlers trained? While you will find your friends with the hobby to babysit or mind the pets, it should not be the case at the dog minding services. These professionals should be trained in dealing with different breeds of dogs and not doing his job as a hobby or to earn some extra cash.
- Is the handler trained for first aid? Even though the pet services would do their best to care for your pets, there might be times when the pet might get hurt. The first thing that acts as a savior is the first aid. Hence, you should be interested in knowing if the pet handler at the dog minding service is certified in first aid.
What are the features and functionality of dog minding services?
Usually, the professional services would have the right backups for any kind of situations. However, it is best to enquire few things. For instance, what happens if the dog minder falls sick or resigns? What if you would not be able to make it back on time to pick your dog? Only when the worst-case scenarios are covered, you will be able to build some faith in the pet care services.
- What are the provisions for the pets? Often pet owners fear their pets falling sick when they are away. You must clarify about such situations as well with the professional dog minders. It is your duty to inform the dog minding services about how to care for your dog when you are away and might be unreachable. Update them with all the essential details like the vet’s number, emergency medications etc. Also, you can connect them through your GPS system and if they want to talk to you then they can easily get connected through this advanced technology.
- What are the terms and conditions of the pet care services? Always be prompt in enquiring about the terms that pet care services have set for its clients. Read them thoroughly and not just flip the pages. See if the conditions accommodate all your conditions so that you can appoint the best care for your dog especially when you are not around.
This is the most important thing you should check while hiring any of the dog minding services. A contract will explicitly put down all the terms and condition of the pet care facility. It will legally bind the services to offer the best care to your dog. One contract will not only protect the pet sitter but also the pet.