GPS(Global Positioning System) tracking is a method of finding where exactly something is, it may be a vehicle, cellphone, or any other GPS device. It is used to monitor the route and exact location of the vehicle being tracked. GPS tracking system can be used either by fleet management company, or any individual to check on the location of their vehicle. Not only fleet management companies, but also the companies that have significant number of contractors out on the road, such as plumbing and electrical business are availing the benefits of this system. Overall, GPS vehicle tracking solutions are used to increase the work efficiency and also to keep track of the valuable assets.
|GPS Vehicle Tracking|
Usually, a GPS tracking system consists of a tracking device, which is placed inside the vehicle. Along with the tracking device, it also has a server and a software that helps to track the vehicle from headquarters. This GPS tracking device also sends information about the speed of the vehicle and the direction of the travel. This information gets updated every 2-15 minutes. The time interval between any two consecutive updates depends on the preference of the person who is monitoring the vehicle. As we all know, running a vehicle management company is not easy, especially if you're managing large number of vehicles. As an owner of the company, safety of drivers, passenger, and vehicles is your responsibility. Moreover, without knowing the proper location of the vehicle, you may fail to meet the deadlines. GPS vehicle tracking is the best solution for a fleet management company to solve this problem and has numerous benefits that a company can get.
Key Benefits Of Gps Vehicle Tracking:
- Ensures Safety: Vehicle tracking system improves safety in many ways. Drivers will be more careful and responsible while on road as they know they are being monitored. It helps to track the vehicle if the vehicle gets stolen, breaks down or the driver needs any emergency medical help. With the help of GPS vehicle tracking system, vehicle management company can make sure that all the vehicles are running safely.
- Maximize Vehicle Utilization: Through vehicle tracking system, fleet management companies can utilize their vehicles in the most effective way. The fleet admin can easily detect the free vehicle and assign the next customer in line to the free vehicle. This helps to minimize the vehicle idle time and get the most out of your vehicles. All these activities help to maximize overall vehicle utilization.
- Reduces Operating Expenses: GPS vehicle tracking system helps to find the most shortest and fastest ways to the destination. This will significantly reduce the overtime cost. Also, the fleet admin can get to know the fuel usage, this helps to control the fuel consumption by investing only on efficient vehicles.
- Increases Productivity: Vehicle tracking system monitors the number of hours worked. Since most of the fleet management companies pay their drivers based on the number of working hours, drivers get motivated to work hard. Drivers will not waste any time if the companies maintain accurate record. Also, GPS tracking system makes smarter decision and schedules trips more efficiently. This reduces the vehicle downtime and increases overall productivity of the driver and vehicle also.
- Customer Satisfaction: Irrespective of the size of the business, the key for growth and success of the company is customer satisfaction. GPS vehicle tracking solution builds customer confidence and satisfaction by ensuring their safety. Nobody wants to take risk and hence a customer is most likely to hire a cab which is being tracked and monitored.